The drowolath are one of the subraces that developed from the dark elves who fled from the surface at the end of the Moons Age war.
- Average Height - Females: 1.87m / 6' 2", Males: 1.8m / 5' 11"
- Drowolath skin is dark chocolate brown, and only varies minorly from this tone.
- Drowolath eyes can be shades of brown, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet.
- Drowolath hair is usually white; in earlier generations, some coloring inherited from dark elf ancestry remains.
- Drowolath ears are long and pointed.
The drowolath are one of several genetic descendants from the dark elves of the surface, having evolved since their exodus from the surface. While features vary, they almost always tend towards fine-boned structures. Because there is little variation in hair color and body shapes, many drow dye their hair, paint their faces, get tattoos or adorn their bodies with precious gems to set them apart from others. The females are the dominant gender, being larger and stronger then their male counterparts, and this has dictated their entire cultural code.
- Drowolath possess auras, and are able to use Mana Arts.
- Drowolath eyes are able to see into the extended spectrum, able to see well in the dark and view heat sources.
- Drowolath age at a ratio of 2:1 (2 years to every 1 human equivalent year; i.e., they age at half speed.)
- Drowolath stop aging at age approximately age sixty.
The drowolath body is highly adapted to survive in its subterranean environment. With excellent darkvision, the drow are a hearty race whose aura provides them a distinct advantage in living in the often times dangerous habitat they have settled in. For the most part, drow aging is linked to their proximity to areas of accrued mana, which has proven to provide longevity to the race; a drowolath that lives in a large population of other aura-bearing beings is, for all intents and purposes, immune to the effects of aging.
The drowolath fae bodies tend to be lean, as they do not constantly accumulate fat for the hard times; instead, the body efficiently leeches the nutrients out of whatever food they eat over the course of a couple days. Drow, in general, do not eat a great deal, and the foods they do eat are generally not rich.
Further, mana plays a major role in the sustainment of the drow body; along with stopping the aging process, it also makes the drow need for food and sleep less pronounced as it takes over some of the physical maintenance those things provide. Nothing will affect a drowolath's condition quite as drastically as mana deprivation.
Drowolath, in general, are well-adapted to their habitat and are generally very resiliant yet retain a very strong independancy streak. While this does not mean they are incapable of living in large groups - quite the opposite - what it does mean is that interpersonal bonds and material attachments are a more fluid concept to them then other races. It is no small thing for a drowolath to favor different things in a matter of days. Additionally, being such a long-lived species, as a drowolath ages they often grow less and less concerned with short-lived issues and do not get so caught up in trifling, daily matters. The weight of time can often lead to a great many mental conditions as a result of insufficiently coping with the march of years.
Ultimately, there is no guaranteed mental pattern for the drowolath, as diversity and breadth of thought is one of this race's major traits.
Drowolath culture is an incredibly varied thing, yet at the same time can be tracked into varied patterns. The most obvious social facet is the Clan system, where the nine Great Clans each have their own traditions, perceptions, prejudices, and atmosphere. For the Illhar'dro, everything is a celebration of creation, and the ability to make beautiful things is highly respected, whereas in the Sarghress, how one looks or what one can make are perhaps less important than how powerful or cunning one is. To further complicate matters are the numbers Minor Clans, Houses, and common populations which develop social stigmas and trends sometimes independant of the Great Clans. In short, drowolath culture is fluid, constantly evolving, and as strikingly fascinating as it is, at times, dangerous.
The drowussu are one of the subraces that developed from the dark elves who fled from the surface at the end of the Moons Age war. The rude term for drowussu is "drowhiir".
- Average Height - Females: 1.82m / 6' 0", Males: 1.9m / 6' 3"
- Drowussu skin is gray, with minor variations on the tone.
- Drowussu eyes can be shades of brown, gray, green, blue and violet.
- Drowussu hair retains its color longer through generations, but it is almost always pale if any coloring exists.
The drowussu are, like their drowolath cousins, the genetic descendants of the dark elf race that fled the surface to the underworld at the end of the Moons Age. The reasons behind their deviation in coloring is, as of yet, unknown. Although fine featured, like the drowolath, drowussu hair manages to retain its color longer throughout the generations, and so coloring is more possible than the dark-skinned cousins. Shades of turquoise, brown, and yellow are not unheard of, although almost always pale. The use of dyes is still prevalent, as some may darken their natural shade or pattern their hair for style or in accordance with religious doctrine. All drowussu have a forehead marking that denotes their status and duties in drowussu society.
While still dominant, drowussu females are physically smaller then the males.
- Drowussu possess auras, and are able to use Mana Arts.
- Drowussu eyes are able to see into the extended spectrum, able to see in the dark and heat sources, but not as well as drowolath
- Drowussu age at a ratio of 2:1 (2 years to every 1 human equivalent year; i.e., they age at half speed.)
- Drowussu stop aging at age approximately age sixty
Rarities, these troubled individuals walk the line between the two diametrically opposed cultures of the drowolath and the drowussu.
This is a term that refers to all of the drow subraces which have been seeded by a demonic entity.